WordPress: Backup and Restore
Create an All In One Plugin Free Server Level WordPress Backup Solution
What you’ll learn
WordPress: Backup and Restore
- Create an ALL-IN-ONE WordPress BACKUP SOLUTION without using any plugins
- Create a server-level backup solution that will backup your database and site files to either the server that is hosting the site or to a remote server
- The correct procedure to restore a WordPress site from the backups
- Basic command line Linux skills
- Harden and unmanaged Ubuntu server
This course is about giving you the knowledge to back up your WP sites and if the need arises, being able to restore your site from those backups. The process must be quick, easy, and most important, error-free.
In this course, we are going to create an ALL-IN-ONE BACKUP SOLUTION without using any plugins.
We will create a server-level backup solution that will backup your database and site files to either the server that is hosting the site or to a remote server.
After being set up, the entire backup process will be automated and require no interaction on your part. We will also cover, in detail, the correct method to restore a WordPress site from the backups we created.
A backup is a process of keeping a duplicate copy of your site. Keeping a backup copy of your site is extremely important. Backups act as a safety net, that allows you to restore or roll back a site back to its original state in a matter of minutes.
You never know when disaster may strike. Don’t put months of work at risk by not implementing a backup plan for your site. You must be in a position to restore your site to its original state.
Why do you need a WordPress backup?
- If your server’s storage device crashes, you’ll need to reconfigure the entire server first and then restore your site from a backup located on a remote server.
- With every new update, there always seems to be a compatibility issue. Some of these issues are serious enough to take your site down. It’s easy to roll back to an earlier version of your site, delete the site files and the database and restore both from backup – problem solved.
- There is no need to panic if your site is suddenly displaying ads for another site or if your site has been defaced. Delete the site files and the database and restore both from the backup – problem solved. Then you need to find the vulnerable plugin that created a situation that allowed your site to be hacked.
Backup plugins are not the solution!!
The golden rule of WordPress, use as few plugins as possible.
I was googling “WordPress backup plugin vulnerability” which returns between 200 000 and 500 000 results. The top of the list displays a backup plugin vulnerability that impacted over 3 million users.
DO NOT PUT YOUR SITES AT RISK
Server-level backups are performed using the tools available on the server. There is no comparison between a server-level and a plugin backup. Server-level backups are much faster than plugin-based backups and offer none of the security issues that accompany using plugins.
Who this course is for:
- WordPress site owners
- Plugin-free backup solution – no backup plugins
- 100% free WordPress backup solution
- Any WordPress site owner who wants to create an ALL-IN-ONE WordPress BACKUP SOLUTION without using any plugins